Carrie Underwood Takes CHRISTINE for a spin




THIS IS COOL!

Carrie Underwood gets revenge in her new music video titled, "Two Black Cadillacs."  The video was greatly influenced by Stephen King's CHRISTINE.  The story follows a wife getting revenge on a cheating husband.  The preacher says he was a "good man" and the brother said he was a "good friend" -- but two women with veils aren't crying. His lover was unaware he was married, and it appears the two women worked together to do him in.  They meet for the first time at the cemetery, each having arrived in a black Cadillac.

Who did the killing?  The wife?  The girlfriend?  The car?  Does the car have a mind of its own?

Taste of Country notes,
Underwood said in a preview on ‘Entertainment Tonight’ that she would not move forward with that concept without King’s blessing. He “signed off” on the idea, and Underwood was good to go.
One scene looks like it's right out of Christine, as the car chases the unfaithful husband down a narrow dead-end alley.

Watch to the end. . . that car healed itself.  Familiar?

So in a year that looks like the craze will be CARRIE, a singer named Carrie makes a video themed around Christine.  All the while, King himself prepares to give us the sequel to his classic novel The Shining.  Vintage King rules!


5 comments:

  1. The odds of me watching a Carrie Underwood video just increased dramatically...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ironic and slightly awkward.

    You recall once I tried to debate Bryant about the nature of Doctor Sleep? That debate has since come to a rather amicable conclusion.

    However I've wished I could have posted those comments here, however limits of space prevented it.

    For the sake of completeness, and in the hopes of never having to re-explain myself over again ad infinitum, I wrote down my reason for misgivings about Sleep in what turned into an unofficial essay.

    So, again, for the sake of completeness, and ONLY if it is no inconvenience, would you be willing to look that paper, Reverend. If not, I won't need any explanation.

    Sorry, if this post is an inconvenience.

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S.

      I should have explained a bit more detail. I meant read as in read over essay via email?

      However, don't let me be a bother.

      ChrisC

      Delete
  3. Thank you, I hope. I should have it delivered by the end of the day.

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete