Under The Dome News



CBS has given June 24th as the official release date for the Under The Dome series. I am really excited.

Christina Radish at collider.com talked to CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler about several upcoming projects. She said that we can expect to start seeing ads for the show during the Super Bowl. That's pretty neat. It means they are serious about getting viewers, and dropping a lot of money on this! She also noted that filming would begin shooting in Wilmington, North Carolina this February.
Tassler said about the script "I read it over the weekend, and I loved it. Ever since Jericho, I’ve loved these big-idea shows. I loved this script. And the auspices aren’t too shabby."

She reminded everyone "You’re talking about Stephen King. You’re talking about Steven Spielberg. We had a meeting with Brian K. Vaughan, who is also not chopped liver, and what we heard was this extraordinary vision for 13 episodes, and beyond."

The beyond worries me a bit. If they leave this open ended it could get frustrating. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm okay with the idea of the series not following the plot of King's novel ... in theory. If it turns out well, then it gets a thums-up from me; if it turns out poorly, then a thumbs-down is the result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What didn't work in the book -- for me --was the ending. The source and purpose of the dome was ridiculous. It was a long journey without the needed payoff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, the source and purpose of the dome was fine; I had no problem with that whatsoever. A lot of people did, though, so it won't surprise me in the slightest if they go in another direction with the story. Except really, how else do you explain the dome? The only solution is to not explain it at all, which will be utterly unsatisfying.

      What didn't work for me was that the story involving the takeover of the town by Big Jim and company never really paid off terribly well. Great buildup, not much payoff.

      Delete
  3. The things I have to explain to you.
    The Dome was created by a further breakdown of the Dark Tower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, let me get this straight: the weakening of the Tower would create an impenetrable force field? I don't think I can support that.

      Now, if you want to try and sell me on the idea that the Sombra Corporation is using Breakers to erect the dome, possibly as a test-run for their efforts to take down the Tower ... THAT I could get behind.

      Delete